Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Just a Piece of His Grace from Psalm 73

Surely in vain have I kept my heart clean and washed my hands in innocence...
But when I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task,
until I went into the sanctuary of God...
I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you.
Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory
Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my  heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart 
and my portion forever.

(Excerpts from Psalm 73)



God, help us to see you aright. Help us to lay down our deepest, most strongheld passions and accept your common grace. Allow us to fix our eyes on your name, and strain our ears for your voice. Lord...I know that I have been in desperate need of grace, hope, and love, and have sought it far from the folds of your embrace. I, even I, am immunocompromised toward all this thing called life. When it comes to the flesh, my muscles of discipline, compassion, and maturity are weak. I have no protection but your name, and that grace so sweet which you give.

No comments:

Post a Comment